SUPPORT SCIENTIST CONSULTANCY SERVICES
Are you a representative from an innovative start-up company, SME or public research institution active in computational chemistry or materials science applications, and are you looking for new ways to expand your business, research or products? I can certainly help you with that! My name is Gabriele Mogni, I am the founder of the Quantum Server project, and I am a professional researcher in computational materials science with a Ph.D from Oxford University in the field of atomistic simulations (you can read more about me on the "Who We Are" page on this website).
I am already registered as an independent freelance consultant in my country of residence (Belgium), and therefore I am immediately available to collaborate with your company or institution remotely and on a project-by-project basis. In particular, I am available to work on any of the following roles:
- Support Scientist: I can produce written documentation, as well as video tutorials, for your product or platform. You can find some examples of this type of work that I did for the Exabyte.io materials discovery cloud platform under the following links: online documentation, and video tutorials.
- Application Scientist, Contract Research and Postdoctoral Research: I can help your company, research institution or academic group, to conduct atomistic materials or chemicals simulations and calculations. The atomistic and ab-initio codes that I'm familiar with are: VASP, QUANTUM ESPRESSO, CASTEP, ABINIT, and LAMMPS.
- Marketing Agent: I can help conduct marketing campaigns for advertising your product or services, and to find new clients and/or partners, thanks to my extensive network of contacts in the world of scientific computing. I can do so with the help of platforms such as LinkedIn, for instance, where I administer several large groups on computational science topics with many thousands of members each.
- Networking Events: I can help your company or organization connect with the European materials and chemicals modelling community, via the organization of events (online or in real life) such as workshops, meetings, webinars, conferences, video-calls, visits etc... Europe is in fact home to one of the world's largest and most dynamic communities in this field, and I happen to be located in Brussels (Belgium), which is at the geographical center of a lively R&D ecosystem, especially in the field of ab-initio electronic structure modeling (e.g. the SIESTA group in San Sebastian, Spain, the CASTEP group in Cambridge, UK, the ABINIT group in Louvain-la-Neuve, Belgium, the VASP group in Vienna, Austria, the Quantum Espresso group in Trieste, Italy, the MARVEL group in Lausanne, Switzerland etc...) Many of these stakeholders in materials modeling are in fact involved in the activities of the EMMC, of which I am also an active member, as well as in the European Network of Centers of Excellence in computational science. Finally, Brussels is home to numerous European Union institutions managing the EU's Horizon Europe research program (the world's largest single multi-annual budget for R&D of nearly 100 billion euros), including most notably the European Research Council and the European Innovation Council.
- Technology Transfer: I can assist you in assessing the commercial potential and viability of your scientific computing ideas or academic research, based on my personal experience with industrial applications and business plan development in materials and molecular modelling. In case you have plans to create a spin-off company, I can thus potentially participate as a co-founder, and help your new company to become established in the market and scale-up.
In case of interest, please contact me at my email address: